- Safeguarding and Child Protection
- Social and Emotional Well-Being
- Supporting Children After a Frightening Event
- School Performance Data
- Special Educational Needs (SEN)
- Pupil Premium Funding
- Sports Premium Funding
- Financial Benchmarking
- Key links
- Recovery Premium / Catch Up Funding
Safeguarding and Child Protection
The safety and well-being of the children here at Bosbury CE Primary School is our first priority. Children cannot learn effectively unless they feel both happy and safe. We adhere to stringent Safeguarding procedures to protect the welfare of all the children who attend Bosbury School.
We are committed to:
- ⇒ Establishing an ethos in which children feel secure, valued and confident of being listened to;
- ⇒ Giving children the confidence to talk to adults in the school about abuse and to make disclosures to them;
- ⇒ Establishing relationships with parents that build on an understanding of the school’s responsibility to protect children (and recognition that this may sometimes require referral of individual children to other child protection agencies);
- ⇒ Establishing appropriate expectations of interpersonal behaviour; and developing strategies to help children to protect themselves;
- ⇒ Providing training for staff in recognising signs, symptoms and behaviour which are symptomatic of abuse and in responding appropriately, and;
- ⇒ Establishing good procedures and practices in relation to record keeping.
It is the moral and legal duty of ALL adults in charge of children to be ready to protect children in danger from abuse. Education staff have a responsibility to observe, monitor and refer suspected abuse.
Any member of staff suspecting child abuse or neglect MUST refer their suspicions to the Nominated Safeguarding Advisor or the Headteacher, who will then refer to Social Services if appropriate. This is known as whistleblowing.
It is important that staff are aware that many more children experience abuse than are registered as requiring protection. It is therefore essential that school staff are vigilant in identifying abuse.
- Please download the latest copies of our safeguarding and child protection policy using the links below.
A list of useful websites of organizations and charities related to safeguarding children can be accessed by clicking on the logos below.
Further links to other useful safeguarding documents can also be found below: