Sports Premium Funding
At Bosbury we recognise the contribution of PE to the health and well-being of the children. We believe that an innovative, varied PE curriculum and extra-curricular opportunities have a positive influence on the concentration, attitude and academic achievement all our children.
Primary School Sports Funding for 2014-15 is enabling us to continue and extend our provision by employing additional sports coaches, entering into more competitive sports competitions, providing swimming lessons and training our staff to deliver high quality PE and Games sessions.
What is the Sports Premium?
The Government is providing £150 million of ‘Sport Premium’ funding per annum (academic year) to primary schools for 2013/14, 2014/15 and 2015/16 to support the delivery of PE & School Sport. This funding will be ring fenced and Ofsted reports on the expenditure and its impact.
All schools with 17 or more primary-aged pupils (5-11yrs) will receive a lump sum of £8,000 plus a premium of £5 per pupil, per annum.
The Government are not dictating how schools should spend this money, but are clear that schools will need to employ the strategies that they know will support these pupils to increase their active participation in sports.
Schools must spend the additional funding on improving their provision of PE and sport, but they will have the freedom to choose how they do this.
Possible uses for the funding might include:
- * hiring specialist PE teachers or qualified sports coaches to work with primary teachers when teaching PE
- * paying for professional development opportunities for teachers in PE and sport
- providing cover to release primary teachers for professional development in PE and sport
- * running sport competitions, or increasing pupils’ participation in the School Games
- * buying quality assured professional development modules or materials for PE and sport
- * providing places for pupils on after school sports clubs and holiday clubs
- * pooling the additional funding with that of other local schools
At Bosbury we use the funding to:
Proposed Outcomes / Impact
Albion Foundation Sports Coach
· 3 x Lunchtime Club
· 6 x P.E Lessons
· 2 x After School Club
· Increased participation in intra school competitions.
· Increased staff confidence – CPD opportunities.
· Pupil participation.
· Raising profile of sport.
· Develop confidence in young leaders.
Transport/supply cover for tournaments
· Ledbury Pyramid Tournament
· Sainsbury’s School Games
· Rounder’s tournament
· Increased participation in inter and intra school competitions.
Purchase of new sports equipment and teaching resources
· Playground equipment
· Sports Day equipment
· Reception PE equipment
· Dance teaching resources
· Better quality equipment to support teaching
· Update resources / school learning environment
Impact and Monitoring
1 - Use of Funding will be monitored throughout the year to ensure maximum impact and enable our pupils to receive high quality PE and Games.
2 - Impact will be measured against the proposed outcomes, and increased percentage of pupils receiving ‘quality provision’.
3 - Club analysis of those pupils that do not access the current club provision at Bosbury Primary School.
4 - Number of pupils being signposted to out of school club opportunities
5 - Award of the Sainsbury's Silver Mark Award for PE Provision for 2014-15
6 - Gold Mark Award to be worked towards 2015-2016